The Scumbler app as we last saw it:
- Could enumerate the installed audio/MIDI hardware on a computer
- Let user select which hardware to use
- Persisted that setup information between invocations
- Created an AudioProcessorGraph object and an AudioProcessorPlayer to stream blocks of audio samples through
- Created AudioGraphIOProcessor objects for performing actual audio input and output, which when wired into the filter graph successfully got audio moving through the application.
A lot of work to basically do nothing. This time, we’ll add some meatier stuff — the ability to add and control VST or AU plugins into the filter graph.