Recently, I spent a bit of time updating the `friz` animation control framework for JUCE that I wrote last year, adding a few things to it that make it easier to use and more expressive.
As is often the case, I found myself working on a personal project and had some UI elements that *really* wanted to have some life to them on the screen. I started sketching some ideas in code, and by the time I was done with it, had created a reusable framework to add fairly rich animation capabilities to programs written using the JUCE application framework, where I have been doing a lot of work these past few years.
After returning from a three month journey through Southeast Asia, I’ve been doodling elephants. Lots and lots of zentangle elephants. I attribute this to the set of Micron pens I bought in Thailand, and wonder if these fine writing instruments are even capable of drawing patternless, non-tropical animals. Testing that theory hardly appeals to me since I’m still in elephant mode. So instead, I decided to challenge myself in other ways by creating the world’s first purely HTML/CSS “hachyderm”.